Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy 100 posts to me!!

I had a great day and I just wanted to share it with y'all. I decided to take a job. They gave me more money than I could ever have imagined and I won't have to commute as far. I was looking at my loan payment and my salary as it is now and I would barely make it. I would have needed a second job to support myself. That's pretty bad, considering I have my masters in a field that's high in demand. I decided that I had been taken advantage of enough so I accepted the job today. I felt as if huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders after I accepted. I feel at peace about it. I didn't realize how much I was burdened by it. After school, I went to the Yerringtons to hang out with Amy (Marc's sister). We ended up talking to Marc for like 3 hours or so. At first we did a three way chat where Amy and I talked to him together while we were in the same room. Then, Marc called using Skype so I was able to talk to him live. It uses the internet and video cameras so you actually see each other. It's amazing how technology works. It was nice to talk to him because it made him feel not so far away. After I got back to our apartment, I met our cute neighbor who introduced himself. We chatted for a few minutes. It was nice how he went out of his way to introduce himself. So surprisingly I am in a good mood, although it is the eve of the dreaded day of my diminishing youth. I'm trying not to think about it and would like to skip ahead to Monday or even stay on Saturday.

7 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Crap! I'm TERRIBLE with birthdays! It's easier to remember them when other people are around me reminding me. Do you hate me for that? I forget my own mother's birthday. Okay, okay, so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I think I'm on time. But it's a shame that your post had to remind me! I love you! And dave's sermon went WONDERFULLY. It was really good.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, Nina! Now I feel bad! I remembered your birthday but posted a huge tribute post to you on my blog and it doesn't sound like you want any attention paid to it....but I meant it as a good thing, so I'm going to leave it....and it's because I love you and I wanted to let you know how special you are to me. I hope you had a good day, in spite of it all.

And more on topic.....I'm glad you took the job. Not that I know enough about either one to really have an opinion, but if it's not stressing you out anymore, I'm thrilled! =) When will you start that one?

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Hi Nina~!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You asked me to wear purple yesterday and I forgot all about it. I remembered when I just read Jessica's post...and I thought frantically of my outfit....which included a purple shirt. Yay! I wore purple ANYway even though I forgot! I'm so bad with birthdays!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh! It says David, but it's really me, Becca. I didn't know Dave has a blog? He must have just started it for the youth group or something???? I'll have to go check it out. Maybe he just has gmail because I believe blogger gives you an automatic gmail account.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Yes, that's what it was...a gmail account.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Jess said...

SO what is the new job? Hope you are doing well! Yay for no more cast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home