Tuesday, August 21, 2007

i have a disease

i really and truly do...it's called being a people pleaser and hating to let anyone down. for those of you who don't know, i broke my hand a few days ago when i was visiting friends in alabama (that's why i'm not capitalizing anything......it requires 2 hands). well i was supposed to fill in at bed, bath, & beyond this week because there are people on vacation. i was still planning on doing this even with my broken hand. my boss said i need a doctor's note saying it is ok to work. i called the doc in ala but he wouldn't write me a note because he wants me to see an orthopedic doc. i can't see one until mon because my insurance doesn't start until then. so i have no note so they won't let me work. i should be happy about this but i feel bad. i have actually considered going to my doctor here and paying for the visit just to get a note saying it's ok to work. my boss found people to cover my shifts but i still feel like i let them down. i should be thrilled because now i have time to pack my room because we are moving on sat. i also don't have to work from 8 a.m.-11 p.m. 2 days in a row or close 4 days in a row. however i still feel bad. seriously, what is wrong with me? i think my broken hand may have been god's way of getting me out of work at bbb this week so i don't over do it like usual. i just need to stop being stubborn and accept the fact that i don't need to work extra this week. it is probably better for me not to work with a broken hand and moving and my in-services and all. so hopefully my disease is curable and i sure hope it's not contagious.

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Aw, Nina. I know what you mean, but you know what? Right before you typed that you thought that it was God's way of slowing you down, I thought it. You always go so hard and push yourself so hard - with last week being no exception - and I think it's good for you to have only a limited number of things on your plate this week. It's good to try to hold up to your obligations, but it's also good to take care of yourself and let someone else take over sometimes. This is one of those times, and even though it's hard I definitely think it's best for you to keep things to a minimum.

And don't worry.....while I know how you feel, you didn't pass this on to me. Anyone can tell you I've had this ailment for a long, long time.

And too, I happen to be learning that there is a cure. I think you know what that is, so I won't lecture you on needing to have some quiet time.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Why do churches have parking meters?

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Oh, Nina! Ifeel for you. And I'm sorry but I'm glad you can't work at BBB. But I do understand (not completely) how you feel about pleasing people. I'm just glad you have this extra time. I think you're right that God used this not so great thing to let you have a break--not that that's the reason your broke your hand or anything...but He can use anything! Oh, and I'm coming up Friday night sometime so can we stay with you guys? That would be great! I have to meet with my professor in West Chester at noon to talk about my long distance class but other than that our day is totally and completely free to be at your bidding and help you move in! I can't WAIT to see you guys! I miss you so much! I'll call you soon. Wanted to yesterday...but then drama happened...that I kinda wrote about but I'll fill you in on later! I love you! I MISS YOU!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home