Saturday, September 01, 2007

My new cast and some of the old

I told Jess and Andy Johns that I would show them the progression of my signatures from the different states I stopped in along the way home. I also know Jess B is worried that I didn't see a doctor so here are some pictures of the new cast I got on Thursday :).




The tower looking thing is a lighthouse so I would've seen the rocks (drawn by Andy J). People wrote things like "rock on" and "you rock"


Lynette boldly wrote this across my fingers


The new cast!! Two of my fingers are in a splint so it looks like I'm ready to conduct an orchestra.


Oops, more old mixed in with the new


This is a bouquet that one of my co-workers from BBB drew. Isn't it beautiful? She is an artist.

So I know it's sad to finally be posting pics and posting it of my cast. My doctor scolded me for lifting stuff with my arm. He said I am lucky that I didn't need surgery. I assured him that I would be more careful. I really am trying. My hand still hurts but not as much of course. It was hurting me the other night after they bent it and shaped it to fit in the cast. It also hurt last night after I built some furniture. It feels better this morning though. I am glad that the moving and lifting is all done so I can properly heal. I get my cast off 3 weeks from Monday.

I am excited because Cindy, Josh, and Alicia are coming today!!

10 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

yay! You posted! I can't believe you built furniture after you told your doctor you'd slow down! You really need to take care of yourself! Yes, this is my scolding, motherly, I worry about you voice... the same one that begged you to work less hours...But I'm SO glad you posted and I can't WAIT for you to get the cast off!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

All right......I know Becca already scolded you........but here I go, too. BE CAREFUL! I hate the idea of you having to have surgery, especially if it could have been prevented. Please slow down and for the next couple of days, let Cindy and Josh take care of you. Enjoy their visit, and take lots of pictures! (Like I have to worry about that....) Thank you for going to the doctor! =)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

My dad and sister went to Savannah for a bike ride this weekend, and it was completely flooded! River Street was under water! How crazy is that?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, and the Sonic we ate at is closed now! How random is that? That place has been there for years, and now all of a sudden it closes! We still have 3 more....so no urgent Sonic withdrawals or anything. Still, though....how weird!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

How was Cindy's visit? I hope y'all had a blast!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I miss you! You doing okay?

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Check jess' flamingo stealing blog. I responded to your comment there...and YES PLEASE come over! We'd LOVE it! Would you just come after the Renn Faire? Cz we were thinking of meeting y'all for breakfast at Shady Maple or something. WHat do you think?

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

WOW! How did you break your arm!?!
Yes, you will get to enjoy the smell of Korea soon enough!
:-) Do you have an idea of what dates you are going to come? My family is going to come for 3 weeks and we are going to go to Japan, Thailand, China and some other places.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I miss you!

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Okay, girl, I've been patient and now I'm not going to be patient any more. Could you post? Please? Pretty please? And do you still want to come up before the Renn Faire? cz that would be awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home