Thursday, July 12, 2007

Spain on the brain and Georgia on my mind

For those of you who have seen my room (I think most of you have), you know that I sleep next to a giant Spanish flag that is hung on my wall. This morning I woke up to the flag hitting me in the head. It was a breezy morning and I also had a fan on me because I have no AC in my bedroom. This caused the flag to move around a lot. Well the Spanish flag kept hitting me in the head and I couldn't get it to stop. It was really annoying. Ironically, I have been thinking about Spain a lot today. It was like the flag was trying to pound a message into my head......."HEY, REMEMBER ME?". Lynette was showing her Europe pictures to a friend the other day and I think it started me thinking about it. Today I let myself be swept away in a rush of nostalgia as I looked at my (unfinished) scrapbooks from Spain. That semester was such a turning point in my life and really shaped the person I am today. It's fun to relish in the memories once in awhile. It had been a long time since I had taken my scrapbooks out and looked at them. There was even a layer of dust coating them :(. So as for "Georgia on my mind" I just wanted to say that I am really excited about driving down to see y'all in about a month. I am still deciding whether or not to drive my car. I could fly, but I like the idea of a road trip. Maybe I will rent a car but I am afraid I would curse that car too. I am definitely going to come but I haven't decided how yet. So be it by plane, train, automobile, or horse and buggy, I will be seeing you :).

3 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Yippee! I'm so excited!

I found out today, too, that right about the time you come (from the 8th to the 13th, in their case) my parents are renting a beach cottage at Tybee Island! Why am I excited about this? Because several months ago they extended the invitation to whoever wanted to come to accompany them for however long they wanted to. And why is this relevant? Because Tybee Island is like right off the coast of Savannah! Seriously! So if the timing works out right, we can go there, too, though even if the time doesn't work out we can go but if it does, then we could stay longer because we'd have a place to sleep. That's always good. I can't wait! (Of course, it's all up to you. I live here, after all, so I don't want to decide the itinerary.)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Nina's coming to GA! Nina's coming to GA!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

By the way, I was laughing out loud (seriously) at the story about the flag. I love when you write things like that, because it seems like something that would happen to me, and I can so picture you telling the story in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home