Wednesday, August 22, 2007

i have a new appreciation for two hands

today was a bit of a frustrating day. i got some news that was a bit frustrating especially since it was my own procrastination that caused it. my hand also hurts a lot today. it has been working hard to pack and clean my room for our move on sat. i am trying not to over-do it but it is so hard to pack boxes with only one hand. it also takes a lot longer which is also frustrating. it is frustrating too because a lot of this aggravation could have been prevented if i had cleaned my room earlier in the summer like i had set out to do. i am making progress but there is just so much more to do. my cast is also bothering me. it is like a pair of uncomfortable shoes that you just can't wait to take off when you get home.....except you never get to take it off. i feel like ripping it off and throwing it across the room. i never really thought about all of the activities that require two hands. even simple events like dressing and typing can become chores. listen to me......i am worse than a kid.

6 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I'm so sorry that you are frustrated and that your cast is so difficult! At least you can look down on it and you have signatures from Alabama all the way up to PA! I wish I could be there to help you! I miss you so much! If I were near, I'd be over right now to pack your boxes for you while you relaxed.

However, I do think it's funny that when it's the most difficult for you to type, you write more blogs in two days than you normally do in a month!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so sorry, Nina! What was the news, if I can ask that?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Thank you so much for your sweet birthday wishes on Becca's blog! I loved that! I can't tell you how much it means to me to have friends who would send me personal birthday wishes (and besitos) long distance like that. Y'all are the greatest! I love you!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I'm sorry, about the news. That stinks! I agree with you that they probably just wanted not to have to give you the $. Grrrr!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Nina, I'm worried. Have you been to the doctor yet?

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I miss you, woman! You and your maimed hand. Could you possibly write another post? Pretty please? It makes you seem not so far away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home