Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Preparing for an amputation

I really feel like I am about to lose several of my limbs. My friends have all become a part of me and they are going to be 'cut off'. It feels like a whirlwind time right now....like everything is changing and I can't get my feet planted firmly on the ground. It's honestly hard for me being the person who gets the amputation....I would much rather be the amputated arm or leg. I long for the day when I get to set out on a new adventure and explore a new territory. It is really hard for me to be left behind and stuck in the same old place. For this reason, I feel that God is keeping me here for now at least. It is also sad to lose a good chunk of my local support system. Becca, I'm sure we will see a lot of you because you won't be far away. I definitely plan to visit a lot :). However, Marc is going to be all the way in China. Words can't begin to say how hard this is for me. I am so excited for him and I know it's the right thing, but it is still hard. So now I'm waiting for the quick but painful operation to occur so there will be more pieces of myself scattered around the world. I long for the day when everyone I love will be gathered together forever worshipping our Savior in heaven.

9 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, Nina.....I was wondering how you were doing with this stuff that's coming up. I can't imagine what you're feeling....though maybe I can. When I graduated from college I think I felt some of what you're dealing with, to some extent. Everyone going their separate directions and starting their own things.... I'm praying for you, because I know it's not easy. I'm always here for you....though "here" isn't "there" and all. I love you!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Where's my Nina? I miss you! (And Becca wrote that you have pictures.....lots and lots of pictures.....and I wanna see 'em!) How are you doing? It looks like you're keeping busy, but I know this is hard for you. Are you still coming down here? Is that going to work? I hope so! (If not, though, I understand....no pressure.)

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I'm sorry I wrote that Nina cz Now Jess is wanting to see them...but I Want to see them too! I miss you! I miss you and I haven't even left. I'd love to have a long chat with you right now.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

No worries...call when you can. I'll be here. You doing okay?

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Where are all the pictures??? :-( *sniff, sniff*

PS--thanks SO much for all the help yesterday. It meant so much to me that you stayed the entire time. It was nice to have someone to see us off. It felt less sad. But I dont' want to think about it right now cz writing about it makes me want to cry...I haven't yet.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

...yeah, so consider me amputated (:-(

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hey - give me a call when you get a second. Well, that's a lie. It's going to take more than a second. I called you tonight to figure out details for this weekend, but your voice mailbox was full. So here I am! Hope things are still on..... Just call when you can. Hugs!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Why am I not suprised that neither you nor Jess has posted? :-P That's okay. I haven't either. I'm a Gettel calling the pot black. Ha ha haaaa! Get it? Ha haaaaa!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I miss you already! I was just looking at the pictures I posted and it's hard to believe some of those were just from a couple of hours ago....kind of surreal, somehow. I hope you get home safe.....I'm praying for your travels. Post pictures soon! (Though I know you're busy and all.....and you only have one hand......) Ooh.....I was looking online for some jobs just now, and I found some that sound kind of interesting. Pray for that. There were a number of speech language pathologist positions.....just so you know. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home