Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Break out the Guinness.....

..........The Guinness book of World Records that is. My car broke down yesterday for the 4th time in less than 3 months. That record beats even the legendary cavy. My battery died because my radiator fans didn't turn off. It's amazing how much I have learned about cars because of the amount of breakdowns I have experienced. I'm considering a career as a mechanic. What do y'all think? Right now I actually have to pop the hood (yes with my maimed hand) and take out a fuse every time I stop my car. If I don't remember to do that the fans will continue to run and my battery will die. Of course I have to remember to put the fuse back in before I leave or my car will overheat. I can definitely see myself forgetting about it and driving off without the fuse in place. This is why I invented a fool-proof system: I put the fuse on my seat. So I sit back and ponder why such bad car karma (yes I know we don't believe in karma but it has a nice ring to it) has followed me. I have a Honda.....Hondas are supposed to be rocks!! So how is it that I manage to kill a car that is never supposed to die? The previous owner had it for years and never had a problem. I've had it for 7 months and have managed to break down more times than I can remember. My sister has a Honda that is a year younger than mine (hers is a '95, mine a '94) and she never breaks down. In fact, the only time she ever broke down in that car was with me in the passenger seat. So it is clearly me that is the curse to cars. Just ask Becca, or Lynette, or Jess, or Marc, or Cindy, or my parents, or Dave because they have all been victims of the curse :). So someone needs to look up the world record for the most breakdwons. I am sure there is someone in this world who has worse car karma than I do. However, that just means there is something I can strive for :). Guinness, here I come...........

I was actually quite grateful for the breakdown, believe it or not. I was able to talk to Marc live for the first time since he left for China. I also got to be 2 hours late to a job that stresses me out!!

2 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Did marc get his package from me yet? I sent it two weeks ago or more... I'm glad you got to talk to him and I don't even know what to say about your car. I'm sorry doesn't seem to cut it anymore...besides it's been so overused...there must be a new way to say that that can mean all we are feeling for you everytime this happens. Hm....Your own "this sucks for you" phrase especially tailored for your type of car trouble....I'll have to work on that. I'm kinda laughing inside...not at your misery but at the iron of it all. Either you just beat up your cars and you don't realize it or you have made me believe in "karma" for the first time. Maybe you should just buy a new car next time? Brand, spankin new...

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Pobrecita! I've never heard of anything like your...um....luck (?) with cars. Personally - and I doubt this helps at all - I was thankful to have you with me when I had car trouble...and I refuse to believe, truly, that it was your fault. Poor thing.....you know, it was kind of funny how calm you were when it happened. I'm freaking out.....you're so cool (well, not cool.....it was blazing hot, if you'll remember) and calm and collected.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home