Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A bit of an off week......

I am having such an off week. I haven't been myself most of the week. I really don't know why. Sometimes you just lose it, and sometimes things just don't go your way. I am just being really forgetful and absentminded and clutzy. I know y'all are probably thinking this is normal but it's extra bad. Creation was cancelled, which made me sad. I decided not to let it get me down and I also decided not to waste my few days off. I switched up my schedule a bit and called J-M because he works for an airline and can get me a buddy pass for $55 round trip. I decided to fly down to Georgia to visit. I arranged transportation to and from the airport, a place to stay, and a meeting with a friend at a highway exit. I was so excited because it was so spur of the moment. I felt like I needed to recharge my batteries. I also got a call from my sister saying they wanted to visit along with my parents. So I suddenly had plans for my week. Well I had to switch one of my shifts but it wasn't a big deal....or so I thought. My boss wasn't too happy because he wanted me to train a new girl. I was so mad about how that place treats me sometimes and how they take advantage of me that I just blew up at him. I ended up telling him I wish I could quit and walking out. I wouldn't talk to anyone as I walked out the door with tears in my eyes. It wasn't me but I couldn't stop from acting the way I did. I was just so frustrated and I really don't know why. I ended up being late for a meeting with my advisor at La Salle (to register for classes) after I had completely forgotten our meeting the previous week (again not me). I walked into the meeting a total mess with a tear-stained face. I was still determined to go to Georgia and have a good time. I got a call in the middle of the night from J-M saying I shouldn't bother with the 6 a.m. flight because it was booked (I was flying stand-by). Marc drove me to the airport so I could catch a 12:56 p.m. flight. I waited and didn't get on. It is kind of exciting flying stand-by and tense at the same time. It didn't work out for me this time. I was definitely disappointed. Once I have my mind made up to do something it frustrates me that I can't follow through with it. So I had to call all of my friends and cancel all the plans I had made. Earlier my parents had called to say they were flooded in and may not be able to drive down. Alot of the roads around them are completely flooded and are closed. Another thing that wasn't going my way. Marc came all the way back to the airport to pick me up. We went to Longwood Gardens. He was actually going to go that day anyways and I had been telling him how I've never been and wanted to go sometime. It was really nice and definitely cheered me up. At his place he made me an awesome salad. He was so good to me today. So my spontaneity (spelling?) turned out to be a flop but my family still may come visit. It's time for me to go and consolidate my loans.

3 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so sorry, Nina! I wish you could have come down here so I could give you a hug and tell you in person how much I love you and that anyone who is mean to you is absolutely OUT OF THEIR MINDS because you're such a sweet and gentle person. It makes me angry when people take advantage of someone's good nature. That's just wrong.

I hope your family makes it down, and THREE CHEERS for Marc for lifting your spirits. I love you!

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Oh Nina! I'm so sorry! Wanna come over today and drown your sorrows in chocolate ice cream and DVD's? I love you!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Hey Nina! Thanks again for the movie~! It was great to see you again. Sorry if I seemed out of sorts I was stressed about my exam. But no excuse. Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home