Friday, March 31, 2006

For the moments I feel faint

I have had a crappy few weeks at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I was so mad on Wednesday that I was in tears. I wasn't even overly upset about the issue, it just had been building up and exploded. I wanted to march up to the office and give my two weeks. I still would like to but I really can't right now. I don't know why I am so attached to that place. It is just a stupid retail job. I think I am just overworked and I am always so dead when I am there. Things build up and I let them bother me. I do all of this extra stuff that a manager would be doing and I am only part time. I have been offered a manager position but I would have to drop out of school to take it. So I am stuck doing the work anyways. I actually like making the schedule because it gives me more freedom. I found out last week that a girl who just became superviosr makes as much as I do. That really upset me because I have been there for almost 3 years and she has only been there for one and a half. I think I got jipped out of a raise because I became a supervisor around the time I was due for a raise anyways. I could go on and on about the issues but I know that the details are pretty boring to outsiders. It's funny because I was at this point last year. I was tired of doing what I was doing, I had already gone as far as I could go. Then I became supervisor and had new challenges and new stuff to learn. Now I have mastered this job and I am bored again. I need to be in a job that is new everyday and constantly keeps me on my toes. I like having the challenge of proving myself. I like things to be hard so I can tackle them.




"For The Moments I Feel Faint"
Relient K
Am I at the point of no improvement?
What of the death I still dwell in?
I try to excel, but I feel no movement.
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin?

[Chorus:]
Never underestimate my Jesus.
You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you your wrong.
Never underestimate my Jesus
When the world around you crumbles
He will be strong, He will be strong

I throw up my hands
"Oh, the impossibilities"
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now I'm searching for the confidence I've lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles is overcoming my fear

[Chorus]

I think I can't, I think I can't
But I think you can, I think you can
I think I can't, I think I can't
But I think you can, I think you can
Gather my insufficiencies and
place them in your hands,
place them in your hands,
place them in your hands

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I love you, Nina!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home