Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A fairytale fit for a princess

Lynette and I stayed in a castle last night. I'm not joking at all. It was amazing. I've never stayed in a 5 star hotel before and definitely never in a castle. I was so impressed with the service and everything. The grounds were amazing and the castle was beautiful. It seemed like our every need was catered to. The people were so incredibly nice. It was relatively cheap for such a fancy place. Lots of famous people have stayed in the castle (President Regan, President Clinton, Brad Pitt, Jason Priestly, etc.). We spent the whole day exploring the castle (built in 1228) and the cute little village of Cong (population 300). I got to see my Celtic cross so I was happy. We ate in town because it would cost 65 euro (about 84 dollars) EACH to eat in the castle. We decided we had enough luxury for one day. The walk to town was in the woods of the castle grounds. It was beautiful. We took the long way back to the castle and I had an allergy attack because there was A LOT of cut grass. I felt like I was going to pass out. We went to the Dungeon to watch an Irish folk singer. It was a lot of fun. I surprisingly had a hard time falling asleep and we had an awesome bed and a quiet, private room. I guess the time difference may have still had its effects. This morning we had to wake up at 6 am to catch our bus. We met a cute and very sweet Irish boy at the bus stop so some sacrifices are worth it ;). I should go because I left Lynette at the train station.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

We have some friends from Ireland on the ship with us and when I said that's where you were they felt sorry for you cz they say it rains just about every day there...but I didn't think you'd mind ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home