Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm a graduate

As of last night, I am officially a graduate of Bed, Bath, & Beyond University. Yes, there really is such a thing as BBBU. They even make you take classes from the "University". Last night was my last night. It's very hard to believe. It hasn't really sunk in that there is no more BBB, no more customers, no more cash office, and no more working weekends. I should be triumphant, but a part of me is sad. Don't get me wrong, I am ready to move on, but also sad to go. It was a bittersweet evening followed by a really fun party at Bennigans. That place has been such a part of my life for going on four years. I think back to when I got hired. I expected to work just for the first summer and then leave. Now three years and nine months later I finally leaving. I can't believe I finally did it!! I think I stayed for so long because of the people I worked with. They became my work family. It was touching to see how many people showed up at Bennigans both past and present. It's a nice feeling knowing you made some sort of impact even if it is "just retail". I will miss my co-workers a lot but I know I won't miss being treated like crap by the customers. I got so tired of customer's and their petty complaints. There are bigger problems in the world. It's done and now it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

HALELUJAH!!! You know, I wanted to come and visit as you were finishing...but forgot due to the immense amount of papers I had to grade (I should say HAVE) But I am DANCING FOR JOY in my heart right now!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you! I know that place has been kinda the bane of your existence for such a long time, and I'm THRILLED for you that you're free! (Although I'm not sure I get the whole BBBU concept. You'll have to explain that to me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home