Thursday, March 09, 2006

Popcorn anyone?

It has been a long time since my last post. I have been awful about reading others' posts too. I am just going to write a quick update. Hmmmmm...what is new and interesting? Tonight Marie Osmond came into Bed, Bath, and Beyond (from Donnie and Marie). I didn't recognize her but thought she looked familiar. Lynette and I just got back from Boston. It was a lot of fun. It's always good to get away and Boston is an amazing city. We got to see my uncle. It was fun hanging out with him a little. I see a lot of traits he has in me. Becca and I had a date last night. It was great spending time with her. I am getting sad about her leaving us. My internship is going well. I am starting to get more independent and see a lot of kids. I feel like a lot of them are warming up to me. My heart just aches for them. Most of them come from awful homes without parents, etc. around. They have had tough lives. My room is near the time out room. I often hear kids throwing things and yelling. They are generally good kids, they just need a lot of love. I am starting to feel like a real clinician. I get to write therapy notes and reports. I am learning so much. I am so glad I am at the Devereux School even though it is nothing I would have chosen for myself. The staff is amazing and I love my supervisors. It is quite a tough population, especially the high schoolers. I really do miss my preschoolers. I got to see my niece a few weeks ago. She is so adorable. I wish I could be around her more to help baby-sit and so she knows me. Hopefully I will be the cool aunt that she gets excited about getting to visit. There is so much more but I really need to get to bed. I love y'all. Sorry about the popcorn :)

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

wow, Nina in a nutshell. I think I'm gonna get sad-der about leaving you two as the date comes closer. I think I'll just pop over like it's my house once and a while. You two will ALWAYS feel like home to me. Right now it is really hard to be sad because it is cancelled out by the extreme excitement I have about GETTING MARRRIED!!!! As things are getting completed I am starting not to dread the coming of the day (really I'm dreading the possibility that things won't get done on time) But they're mostly done. And your dresses will be in soon. And mine is IN--YIPEE and I get to get MARRIED!!!
Sorry, this is an "Im-excited-I'm-getting-married day. You can ask Marcos. He came into my room for lunch today to share his tortilla bocadillo and I just kept going on and on about it! He just laughed and looked at Victoria Secret Shoes with me.
Speaking of which...i have to show you and lynette where to find the shoes I decided on.
So NICE to have FINALLY decided on a shoe!!! :-)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Woah! That was a long one! I'm just so excited you posted that I had to make sure I left an impression. It's like a chocolate treat I'm only allowed to have once in a blue moon when you post!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

...I forgot to say, what was Marie Osmond doing in BB&B? I used to watch her talk show with her brother Donny. I liked it a lot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home