Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Boom here we go again"

I'm in a bloggin mood, really and truly. It's pretty rare for me. I felt like either blogging or journaling so Becca you should be thrilled with my choice :). I am really drawing closer to God lately. I feel at peace most of the time and the other times when I am my usual psycho self I am trying to turn to him more and more instead of freaking out. It's amazing the power of prayer. Rather than worrying or obsessing about something I am trying to pray about it. It really works.....no lie....no joke. Prayer is one powerful tool that we just don't ever use enough. I feel like my Christian walk is often like our shower here in our Phoenixville apartment. For those of you who don't know our shower is very tempermental. You turn it slightly one way and you are scalded with hot water, you turn it slightly the other way and it is freezing. It never seems to be just right. That is how I often am. My water may seem just right but then I turn it slightly and it becomes too cold. I down spiral until I am freezing cold in my walk with Christ. Then there are the other times that I seem to be scalding hot and on fire. It is never "just right though" because it is usually a short period of time that is not real so it becomes freezing very quickly. I can never have my water be "just right". No matter how much I adjust the nozzle I can never get my water to the right temperature. I need God to regulate my water temperature because I can't do it on my own. So enough with the stupid analogy. I am no Lynette. I am craving our prayer group. I really miss the fellowship and prayer time we used to have. It would be so nice to start it up again. Anyone agree? We should at least try. I am thinking maybe Tues nights? So that's it for now.

4 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Hmmm, after reading this, I think I iwill be less apt to be angry with the shower when it either scalds the skin of my back, or gives me frostbite. Have I ever told you I HATE that shower???!!! But now that you apply a deeper life lesson to it, I don't hate it so badly. Funny how God uses silly little things to speak to us...even garbage men! ;-)

PS, now that I've read it, it's time to post another one :-D
PPS- I hope you got my note that I borrowed your shoes without your permission. I thought it was the lesser of two evils--the greater being to wake you up. I was all dressed in my black dress pants and Dave called to say he was in the parkinglot waiting and I went to put my shoes on only to see they weren't there, and I didn't have time to find an outfit that went well with my bright, white sneakers. I REALLY hope you weren't planning on wearing these today. I'm so thankful you are my size!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

So your shower and my shower are in cohoots together. :-) I also like your analogy. I will have to remember that next time I go from burning hot to freezing cold in the shower.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

Nina that is a great analogy! It coudn't have been any better had it come from myself ;)
Thnaks for the reminder of how quickly our moods and temperment can change when we are not relying on God. I'll have to remember that next time I'm sitting in traffic. Oh I just got another analogy...but I have to go to work :( I'll tell you later

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Allen and I just started getting into 24. We are a little over halfway through the first season. If we have time this weekend we will finish it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home