Sunday, January 08, 2006

Doing as I'm told

I am writing this so Becca has something new to read. I was going to write anyways but I am doing it because she told me so :). Sunday was a very interesting day filled with many emotional highs and lows. The sermon at church in the morning was very good. It was about Jim Eliot and the other martyrs. It was a very touching story. After church I planned to go home to relax and clean. I ended up seeing Marc's room and staying for lunch. After lunch Marc and I were hanging out in his room and I felt a strong desire to get out of there. I really don't know why. I just needed to leave and so I did. Something just snapped. I felt so tired and so sad. He did nothing wrong but probably thinks I am mad at him. I called Lynette and I just felt so sad for no apparent reason. She talked me into going to the Bridge. I went home to take a nap. I just wanted to sleep and sleep and sleep. Lynette called me and woke me up and made me meet her at the Bridge because she is a big meanie (or so I thought at the time). It was awesome. I was touched right away by the worship time. It's the first time in awhile that I've been able to be free to worship. I usually let myself get distracted so I am unable to completely focus. Tonght was different. After the Bridge was over, I was still hungry for more. I wanted to stay focused on God so I decided to go for a drive. I wanted to continue worshipping and praying and so that's what I did. I drove past Pottstown then turned around and came back. It was amazing. For the first time in awhile I feel at peace. I usually feel stormy and turmoiled but tonight I feel calm. My unrest at Marc's had nothing to do with him but everything to do with him. I needed it to get me out of his room and onto the phone with Lynette. I needed Lynette to push me to meet her at the Bridge even though I really didn't want to. It's amazing what God uses to answer the desires of our hearts.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Amen sister! It is simply amazing how God works sometimes!

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I hope you're feeling better. I've missed you. I feel like I haven't seen you in ages--really just since Monday when we all watched the documentary and talked about my problems :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home