Monday, December 05, 2005

The bear went over the mountain

I am blogging basically to avoid doing the work I need to do. Hmmm, what can I say? I went to Boston with Marc over Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. I really needed it. It was mentally relaxing. I needed time away from thinking about school and work. We saw family (both his and mine) and explored Boston. I just love that city. We drove 100 miles out of our way (yes it was my fault) and I crashed his car into a guard rail during a snow storm. If Mass plowed their turnpike, it would not have been an issue. NY is so much better about plowing :). It was just a lot of fun and I got to know Marc so much better. It's weird to say that because I felt like I knew him pretty well before the trip. I just don't think much about how much we don't know about each other. That's the greatness of friendships.......you can always learn more. This past week I spent every night doing late nighters because of school work. I've seriously never had to do so much work before. So here is my analogy in the tradition of Lynette:
I'm at the base of the mountain and straining my neck to look up to the top. I have no idea how to climb that steep slope but I look up anyways. The top is not even visible but I know that it is up there. I also know that if I can make it to the top, there will be an incredible view. I muster my strength to start out on the climb. I'm huffing and puffing as I walk up the rocky side. I feel like I keep moving but I keep getting nowhere. I finally stop for a breather and look down. I've made it partway up the mountain!! I've made progress. But then I look up again. I still have a long way to go. All I want to do is rest, but I know I must go on. I start out again and again and again. I know the beautiful view is up there but I still can't see it. I keep looking back and see how far I've come. I still have a long way to go but I am gaining ground...........So this is how my work load has felt this week. I have done nothing but school work and gone to work for pretty much the whole week. So I'll let y'all know when I can see the beautiful view :)

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Oh how I can identify with you right now! Praise God for His faithfulness.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

That was VERY lynettesque! It's like you peeled it right out of her brain!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home