Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My weekend

This past weekend I drove to NY again to visit my family and go to a friend's 50th birthday party. Her family moved to the U.S. from South Africa and went to our church (well my parents' church now). Cindy and I were in youth group with the two girls and were good friends with them. It had been a year or two since I had seen Hayley and Michelle so I decided it would be fun to go home for the party. I enjoy being at home with my family and old friends. It often makes me want to move home to be a part of their everyday lives again. All of us are in different cities/towns and don't talk much. I'm glad I went and I got to feel those delightful twinges of nostalgia for those who were very important in my youth. It makes me think of Sweet Home Alabama when Jake says,"You can have both roots and wings". So anyways, here are some weekend pictures from the party, Alicia, and our monthly girls' night. By the way, Jess, Alicia is a little over 20 months.

Alicia's hair blowing in the wind (from the fan)



What a ham!! She definitely knows how cute she is!!


Alicia spent most of the party walking up and down these steps.......and I spent a good chunk of it watching her!!


At one point, Alicia found a caterpillar friend. It ended up crawling on my foot, which resulted in me screaming and shaking it off. After it had been rescued we gave it back to Alicia. In this picture, Alicia is watching it crawl up the railing.



Several pictures of Alicia playing with balloons.


Look at those beautiful blue eyes!!




The Williams family


The party was at a restaurant with an amazing view. I was mesmerized by the place and I never knew it existed before that night. The party was outside on the patio and it was a perfect evening.

The two sets of sisters and Alicia. They are the ones who had the party for their mom.



My parents with Lesley, the birthday girl. Every time I see a picture of her I can just hear her lovely accent.



Girls' night at Becca's. Becca taught us how to sew!!



I am in the process of making a skirt (Cindy you are probably laughing if you are reading this......yes I can be domestic :)). I am still working on the skirt because we ran out of thread.


Laura decided to be brave and do a sundress. She is still cutting out the pieces.


Lynette, sewing her skirt. It is now finished and looks good!!


Becca cooked us breakfast the next morning after a night of sewing and watching Jane Eyre. I was the only one who stayed up for all 4 hours of the movie (I was the only one who hadn't seen it).


Lynette helping Becca by making eggs.


I really enjoy posting pictures. Hopefully you enjoy seeing them!!

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I LOVE that you're pic posting now! It adds a whole new aspect to blogging!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I miss y'all. That's all I have to say. *sigh*

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hope you see this.....
Yes, I'd definitely take you to Savannah if you came down here! That'd be SO much fun! Are you really thinking of coming? Oh, do! (I mean, if you have time and money and all.....I don't want to pressure you, but that would be SO GREAT!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home