Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

I remember my mom used to say this every time we got home from a trip :)....So anyways, I made it home safely. After I had blogged last, Marc and I went to Shanghai for a day and a half. It is a very cool city with amazing architecture. It also has a beautiful Old City section with gardens and Chinese looking buildings. After Shanghai, we went to Beijing. I was there for 2 and a half days and Marc was there for a day and a half. We got to go to a Christian church in Beijing. It was amazing. They allow foreigners to have church, but you can't invite Chinese citizens to go. You have to present a foreign passport to get in. They even have a no baggage policy and no liquid policy. It was amazing to see people from all over the world gathered together praising God in a country where they've done their best to keep God out of. A few days prior to that, Marc's masseuse at the foot massage place told Marc that she was a Christian. She said it in hushed tones, as if people were listening. She said she was the only Christian at her work, but her family are all believers. She asked him if we were believers and if there are a lot of believers in the USA. She said it was hard being a believer in China. I just can't imagine.........it was amazing that she was bold enough to bring the subject up. All the government regulations in the world can't keep God out. So yeah, anyways......I made it to JFK last night and I was reminded of Jess and Jess's story about New York. After Spain, they were excited to return to a land where they speak English. However, they went to JFK first (where no one speaks English), and then they got a taxi driver who didn't speak English. I definitely had that feeling yesterday when I flew in to JFK. I actually did speak English a bit in Beijing though because more people speak English there then in the rest of China. So mom was nice enough to brave the New York City traffic to pick me up..........and she was right on time. I was shocked!!!! It took forever to get home to Philly though because of traffic and construction. We got here around 12:30 a.m. Well I know this entry jumps all over and doesn't say too much, but I gotta go because I need to pack for Creation now. I am so crazy to be going to Creation today after just getting back....but I am really excited too :). See some of you there.......

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Well, I'm glad that you made it safe and sound back from SK and China. Sorry to hear that your boat trip was such a drag. Did they search through other peoples luggage and read their materials, or just yours?

I hope you have a great time at Creation.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I was wondering if you were going to Creation, since I knew you'd just gotten back. Then I thought, "It's NINA! If she's in the US, she'll be at Creation. Period."

I'm glad to know you're back in the US of A. I know you were safe over there, but I still worried about you. I can't wait to see some of your pictures and hear all of your stories one day. You're one brave cookie, Nina, and I admire you so much for that! I love you!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

so great to hear from you...and see you this past week...and to see you later tonight! I'm kinda glad that I didn't read this when you wrote it because it gave me something to look foward to reading online after Creation. I had a blast but I am SOOOO excited to be home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home