Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little afternoon snack

I was supposed to write this blog weeks ago, but in typical Nina fashion, I procrastinated. Speaking of procastinating, I am do that right now. Instead of writing one of the 12 reports I need to write (no exaggeration), I am going to write this blog. I told this to Becca a few weeks ago and told her that I planned to blog it. It is a story/analogy in a typical Becca and Jess fashion. So enjoy........eat it up :).

On my way to Becca and Dave's a few weeks ago I was stopped in traffic at a toll booth (yes, Jess, I know you don't know how those work, being from the South :)). On the way in to the line there were signs for miles saying EZ Pass Lane. It was a separate section from the rest of us. It was written on the road and signs were posted everywhere. I even saw some clouds spelling it out :). Anyways, it was impossible to miss. As I was sitting in line, I saw one dummy enter the EZ Pass booth, stop, and then back up while traffic was rushing towards him. I had to close my eyes because it was hard to watch. Well thankfully, nothing happened to him. The dummy decided to come over to my line (because I assume he doesn't have EZ Pass) and inch his way in. My immediate thoughts were, "If that guy was too stupid to see the signs that it was EZ Pass, then he doesn't deserve to be let in ahead of me." I couldn't imagine how he possibly missed that it was an EZ Pass Lane. The signs were EVERYWHERE. Then it struck me.......it's a good thing that God doesn't see me that way. No matter how many signs he shows me and how stupid I am and miss them, he always lets me in. I'm glad that God's thinking is not like my own. His faithfulness isn't dependent upon me and what I see or don't see. Even if something is obvious and I miss it, he will always take me back.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I think my mind is thinking a little bit too literally this morning. I was waiting for something about food in there. =)

Great story. I love how God speaks to us in the middle of life. His patience blows me away....humbles me.....makes me want to physically hold my eyelids open so I don't miss any more of His signs and test His patience any more.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Wait, they don't know about toll booths in the south?!?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home