Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I just need to vent!!!

I am so sick of people messing up and then I have to take the blame for it or I have to fix it. I am doing afterhours evaluations and they are starting to overwhelm me. So a little background although it probably won't make any sense anyways. By law I have 60 days to complete an evaluation and have the report sent home to the parents. It has been taking me about 2 weeks (so only 14 of those 60 days) to write them. Today I had the itinerant education teacher approach me and ask me if I had finished writing up a report from an evaluation I did last Wednesday (yes only 7 days ago leaving me with 53). I said no and that he was 4th on my list. My general rule is that I do the reports in the order I did the evaluation in. She told me that his report was overdue because of her carelessness (well she didn't say that, but that's the truth.....it was an oversight on her part). I told her I would finish it by the end of the week. I just got an email from the service coordinator (the person in charge of organizing the services a client receives) saying she needed the report right now and to make it a priority. The itinerant ed teacher had emailed her and told her that I said he was fourth on my list even after she had said they were out of compliance. She had twisted it to being my fault and it seemed like I wasn't cooperating by putting that report at the top of my list. So now I have to bump other kids whose reports need to be done and cancel my plans for tonight so I can write that report tonight. It also bugs me that they waited until today to tell me when they could have mentioned it from the beginning so I knew it was a sticky case and a top priority. Why can't people just do their jobs?

2 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

PREACH IT!

I'm dealing with something like that myself....except it's Boss Man who's putting me in the situation. I can't do anything on these homeowner issues until I talkl to him and get his go-ahead, but he's NEVER (I reapeat NEVER) available for me to talk to him. Hence, things build up, time passes, and I look like I'm the one who's not doing my job. Boo.

Hang in there, and vent away.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Can I just say how good it is to see you pop up in my comments so often?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home