Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I need some advice

So I need some advice from y'all. Some of you may already know this, but my aunt is dying from breast cancer. She had it before and now it is back. She also had another unrelated occurrence of cancer in her leg. Well things are really bad with her and they don't know how much time she has left. The worst part of this is she is not a Christian. Her family seems pretty bitter about life in general. There have been some rifts in my family since my grandfather died and I think they feel pretty disconnected from the family. I have never really gone out of my way to witness to my family. I am also ashamed to say that I rarely pray for them (well until recently). Last weekend I was at home and my other aunt (mom's sister) called and said that my aunt's health is deteriorating quickly. Since then, I have had a burden on my heart to witness or do something for her. I have been praying about it but have done little action. I still have the burden and want to do something but I really don't know what. So here are my ideas: 1)I will write her a letter and just lay it on the line with utter honesty, 2) Send her a Bible and give her some passages to read, 3) Make her a CD of encouraging songs...............So let me know what you think or what other ideas you may have. And please pray for her.......her name is Stephanie.

5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, Nina...........I'm so sorry. I can't iamgine how this must be tearing you up. I think that all of those ideas are wonderful. As I read each one, I thought, "Oh, yeah.....I'd do that one, too." I think you should do all of those, perhaps not all at one time. I would hate for her to get overwhelmed by it all, you know? On the other hand, in the situation she's in, she might be more receptive (and less prone to being overwhelmed by that) than at other times. You know her, so you know better how she might react, but I think all of those ideas are great. I think I would probably do that kind of thing if I were in your situation. - I'm not confrontational at all, and face-to-face "evangelism" is rough.

Keep us posted. I'll be praying.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Nina,

I will be praying!! I am sorry to hear that!! I think your ideas are good ones. I agree with Jessica that you should do all of them maybe not at the same time... Maybe you could do the CD of music AND send a heart felt letter with it...Please let me know how she is doing! take care!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Yeah, I agree with Jess that you should do all of the above...and I tried to comment that on here on Friday but then I couldn't because I'm BLOCKED at school!!! Grrr!
But don't let this opportunity pass you by. God's laying this on your heart for a reason. Pray and ask him what action he wants you to take. I'll be praying!!! Besitos!!! And I took care of the Citibank thing. Again, I'm sorry they bothered you.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Hey Nina,
I think you should witness to her. If you can talk to her on the phone that is second best to in person, and only resort to the letter if that is not an option. I would also suggest sending a bible with marked scriptures with your letter. That's my 2 cents.
On another note, I'm really glad you got your visa to China. I want to call you, but it's almost 11 pm your time and I don't know when you go to bed usually. Can you let me know, so that I know how late it is to call you? Hopefully, I'll just call ya first thing tomorrow, so that it will be early, but let me know if you don't hear from me first. Email is best, but I'll check here too.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Hey Nina, we have like 15 - 20 ppl coming. I don't know when we'll be arriving Friday night I think we'll all come at different times based upon when we all get out of work. Yes, Dave and I are planning on going home with you for a day or two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home