Monday, April 28, 2008

Why are joy and peace so hard to hold on to?

I don't know why I let Satan steal the joy and peace that I have. God grants me joy and peace about something and then I let it slip away. Every time I swear that this time it will be different. This time I will cling to the joy and peace for dear life. Yet I can't manage to hold on to the joy and peace for long. They sift through my fingers before I even realize. It always makes me feel so frustrated and useless. Today I had a horrible day which was followed by a horrible attitude and a horrible mood. I had been doing such a good job about holding on to my joy and peace. Today I lost it though and haven't managed to get it back yet.

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, no....honey, I'm so sorry! I don't know what happened, but remember that Satan just got scared. You were doing well, and he didn't like that. I'm trying to get more in the habit of calling on the Holy Spirit when I feel Satan coming after me. Sometimes I can literally only think (or say), "Come, Holy SPirit," over and over and over again, because my mind is so under attack. The words don't matter, though, as long as we hand the battle over to the One who has already won it.

Praying for you.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Yeah, I agree with Jess. you're not going to feel perfect ALL the time, and when you don't, don't take it to mean that you haven't changed. God HAS done a work in you and you KNOW it. Cling to that truth. The devil just wants to make you feel defeated and you are NOT. You are Christ's! You are his precious child and He will give you that peace and joy again. Just cling to the truth. Cling to the peace, cling to the joy. I'm also praying for you Nina. Remember not to faint at the firey trials that test you. They'll refine you and make you more like him. I love you! I'm praying for you!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Gracias por charlar conmigo esta manyana. Estare' esperando las fotos!!!! Besitos!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home