Thursday, February 07, 2008

More than conquerors

That's how I feel today. I feel like I've achieved a major victory in my life although it was really small. This week was rough. Earlier in the week I was writing a blog in my head that I had entitled "Underdog". In it I was planning to use a quote from the Audio Adrenaline song that says, "Been beat up, been broken down." I never did write that blog because I never had the ganas. Today, however, I am writing because I feel the need to celebrate the small victory in my life. I feel like Satan always uses the same lies over and over again. The thing is I always fall for the same lies over and over again. He constantly tells me that I am no good and not able to change because he has power over my life. Last night I realized this wasn't true. I realized that I have changed. The words came to me through a friendly voice whom I love and trust dearly. I was quite surprised and discouraged at first. It made me feel as if I still was the same old person and that I really hadn't changed and wasn't even capable of change. Then I realized that this was the old me and I overcame it. I didn't flip out and get defensive or cry for hours like I did in the past. I was so calm it was scary. I came to realize that Satan was trying to lie to me and to discourage me. So these harsh and hurtful words about the person I once once was came to me as a gift from God through someone very dear to me. It showed me who I once was and who I am today. God can have victory in my life because he has had victory in the past. I don't need to give into Satan's lies anymore. So although this may be small, it is a huge victory for me. I am more than a conqueror with Christ in my life.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Preach it, sister! I'm so glad for you that you've had this victory, and I don't want you to call it a small one! It's not! It's HUGE! When we can come to the place where we can distinguish between the voices that want our attention, we're in a place where God can use us more than ever before. I hope and pray for you that this victory will stick with you, and that you can keep conquering.

As for me, I need to read and re-read what you said, because I'm in need of some serious victory right about now. Perhaps a post is coming on that. Perhaps not.

In any case, I'm so glad you posted! I was sitting here munching on my tuna sandwish and pretzels, wandering around my frequently-visited blogs, and TADA! A new post from Nina! Hurray! I waited until I finished eating so that I could give you my full, undivided attention.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

That's so great NIna! I'd LOVE to talk to you more about it. It's so weird to read a cryptic blog from you and not know what you're talking about because I'm no longer as close (I mean in miles, not in spirit) to you as before. Silly how miles somehow always seem to have a way in relationships. Why do we let that happen? N E way...I'll try to call you tomorrow...but I'm a lazy one so you never know if I'll forget--like I did your B-day--DOH!!! I didn't remember Lynette's either--well the date anyway.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hey, Nina! Just got your comments on my blog, and I just wanted to stop by and tell you this: DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF! You're busy - I know that - and the fact that you have stuff going on away from the computer doesn't in any way make you a bad or neglectful friend. Don't worry about it! I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home