Monday, January 07, 2008

A lovely girls' night at a charming inne

This past weekend was so much fun. Laura, Lynette, and I spent the night at Laura's inne. She is the innkeeper there. How cool is that? How often do you get to say that your friend is an innkeeper? We got to stay in the Presidential Suite. The rooms are so beautiful and charming. I was very enchanted by the place and I understand why people stay there. If I were stuck on a business trip for a week I would definitely choose the inne over the Holiday Inn down the street. Each room has a fireplace and antique furniture. We had a blast. We stayed up late playing games. Laura also got to show off her ice skating outfit to her boss ;). It was very relaxing and fun chilling with the girls. Earlier in the day we had gone into Philly to the Reading Terminal market. That was a lot of fun as well. My camera is broken so I have no pictures to post to document the night :(. However, here are a couple of pictures of our room so you can see the charm of the place.

Lynette and Laura shared this huge bed while I stayed in the coolest hide-away bed I've ever seen. It was in this antique looking cabinet and it folded down.
This is the common room of our suite where we played our games. Each room has a fireplace. Laura says she has helped decorate the rooms in the inne by adding/changing touches here and there. What a perfect job for her!! If you would like to check out more about the inne's history go to: http://www.generalwarren.com/

It was a lovely weekend but unfortunately I had to go back to work today. It is always hard the first day back after break. I survived though and I had a decent day. I have a ton of work to do so I really need to get going. I will do anything to procrastinate my work--even blog :)!!

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger LL Osborne said...

hey nina!
thanks for including my wee inn in your blog! so glad you could come...we will have to do it again some time down the road...
like i said, next time you and lynette have to sport the icecapade garb!!!!!!!!!!
;) hehe.... have a good week!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

That looks like such an amazing place! Scott and I stayed at a bed & Breakfast last summer in Charleston, and it was incredible - I love hotels, but WOW. Thre's nothing like a B&B in an old house. I'm glad y'all got a fun night together before you had to start back up in the work routine.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Wow...this makes it hit home for like the second first time that I don't really live near you guys anymore! I'm so glad you had fun, but I'm so jealous at the same time that I wasnt' there!!! When I read Jess's blogs about her outings I'm not jealous because I'm not SUPPOSED to be there, but I'm SUPPOSED to be with you girls, does that make sense? Oh well. Let me know next time you get to gether because I might be inclined to drive over...especially now that I know my precious JoMar exists!!!

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I think you should procrastinate more. That would give you lots more time to blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home