Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What if his people pray?

Tonight I have realized something....I don't always have all of the answers. I know you are saying 'duh' or 'no kidding' right now. I know this is true but yet I continue to try to solve things myself. I continue to try to rely on my own strength. It just gets me nowhere. Tonight I was driving home from La Salle and had a strong urge to go to Valley Forge and pray. I love VF at night even if it may not be smart to go there alone. It always helps me focus to go there. If I go home I always watch TV or go on the computer or find something else to occupy my time. So lately I have been giving advice to people or remaining silent when I could be giving advice. Later I review what I said and try to think of what I could have said. This had made me realize that whatever I said should have come from God. I need to spend more time praying without ceasing. I need to pray for the needs of myself and others rather than constantly searching for the right answers or the 'qucik fixes' of the problem. I can't do it myself. I am only an instrument that God uses.
My weekend in Chicago was amazing. I had so much fun. Lauren has a wonderful group of Christian friends. It made me miss the constant Christina fellowship that I once was a part of. Her friends are always hanging out and keeping each other accountable and lifting each other up. I really need that and want to be a part of a group like that. Chicago is also a fun city. It's funny because every time I go away it always makes me want to move away. I started my internship on Tuesday (whoa that was just yesterday!!) and I think I'm going to like it. It is so close to home. One of my schools is only 10 min away!! It's so nice not to have a long drive for once. Too bad I still have to drive the hour to La Salle.

7 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Hey, the week before Easter is our week off, but that is when we go on missions trips, so that wouldn't be good (unless you wanted to stay here without us! lol).

We have 1 day of in February (19) and one day off in March (1) After our Easter break we don't have anymore days off. You don't have to come when we have off, that just guarantees we'd be able to spend more time with you. We can take off, me more than Allen and if Lynette wants to volunteer in someway we can put her to work... or I can work you or her into one of my lessons for class, cause by that time we'll be doing mediation or counseling.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Oh my goodness, are you going to Korea???? I'm SO JEALOUS!!!!
I really did think you signed your innitials. I thought, did she post annonymously and just want me to know who it was but then I was a bit baffled when I realized you HADN"T posted annonymously...that's a funny coincidence.
And you post is convicting for me cz I need to do the same thing. I want to not jsut spend some time in prayer each day I want to spend my life in prayer...I was praying on my way to work for God to show me how to do that. Pray without ceasing....

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

You're actually planning to go to Korea? I WISH we could go...

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Korea? KOREA???? Man. I wish. I, too, found that convicting. My prayer life goes in such spurts.....really, really good at times and I feel so close to the Lord and I'm almost proud of myself that I've gotten to that point....and then reality sets in and I no longer adhere to the discipline that made me so proud before and I beat myself up for letting it happen again....and I keep going on about my business until I again feel inspired and realize that I miss God and want to reconnect with Him again.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Where have you been all my life!?!?!?!? I can't wait to see you tonight!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

OH MY GOODNESS. So....I came on here looking for you, but accidentally put in sevillamialma.blogpsot.com, and it came up this really cool looking site with "Amazing Bible Studies" and this huge picture of Jerusalem and all. I was kinda confused because I was thinking, "Hold on. Either I did something wrong, Nina's gone nuts with the whole blog thing, or the world is off its axis." Naturally, the fault was mine, but I think I'll go back to that other site now, because it looked interesting. You should check it out. And, by the way, I found no entry when I finally made my way here. Such a journey, with no success. Why is that? I miss you!!!! (Hey, wait.....with your last entry being what it was, maybe you're getting your priorities straight. Unlike me, who has nothing better to do than look for friends' new postings constantly. Okay, yes, I'm obsessed with you. I think I'm a stalker.)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

...it's been 21 days since your last post...
Ha ha! Jess, I did the same thing! I got to some Jerusalem sight...but it works with anyone's name if you spell it "blogpsot" I bet they did that on purpose so people would find it the way we did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home