Monday, August 28, 2006

A week of firsts

Well I have nothing too profound or heartfelt to write tonight. I am just having a week of first time experiences. For example, this week was the first time I ever got injured at work and had to fill out an accident report. Tonight was the first time I ever got pulled over by the cops in my own parking lot. They were behind me when I pulled in. I turned around for a parking spot. I sat in my car and saw them circle the lot twice. They came back and shined their flashlights on me as I was sitting in my car talking to my mom on the phone. They questioned me about what I was doing and asked if I were ok. They also asked if I lived in the complex. I guess they know sketchy people when they see them :). It is also my first week of classes, meaning it is my first week of my last week of grad school. Tomorrow will be my first time driving to NYC and JFK airport (AAAHHHHHHH). This weekend will be my first time flying to Chicago to see my old roommate Lauren. So in the midst of these firsts, it's important to remember to put Christ first in all I do :)

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I had my first day of school this week for my first time as a ms/hs spanish teacher...and my car is making funny noises but that has nothing to do with anything...I can't think of any other firsts so you win. I love you and miss you. Did you check your phone messages? cz I left you one. ...what days do you have free during the weeks so we can have prayer? We can't wed or thurs or sunday but we're free the other four days....let us know! What about Tues?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

What a week! I hope you're having a great trip....and I am so envious that you're going to see Michelle! Give her a big hug for me when you see her. I miss her....haven't seen her in like 4 years. =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home