Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pick up the pot

This is a story that happened a few days ago but has yet to be told. I was baby-sitting for a family from my preschool who was/is in the process of moving to.........AUGUSTA, GA. (cool, huh Jess?). I had borrowed a pot (actually two) from a co-worker of Lynette's but I had forgotten the pots at their almost empty house. I called them and asked them to leave them outside of their house for me because they planned to be gone from the house by the evening for good. I went there after work at about 12:30 a.m. I saw their cars there and a whole bunch of lights on. They were supposed to be staying with her mother that night. I couldn't help but think that they were still there cleaning and needed help. I decided to ring the doorbell and help them out. BAD IDEA. The father started to come to the door in his underwear....and yes they were briefs. I immediately hid, but too late......he had said my name. I waited there for an eternity while he opened the door. I wanted to die while I waited for him. i wanted to turn around and leave. I knew there was no escape though because he had seen me. He had to turn the alarm off and of course he came back with shorts on. He led me to my pots that were out back and I apologized over and over again for disturbing them so late. I justed wanted to help out because I thought they were still working on the house. So all you ladies who are married...don't let your husbands answer the door in their underwear because you never know who may be on the other side. I learned a valuable lesson that night: If it's in the middle of the night don't try to help out...just pick up the pot.

5 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm cracking up! I'm picturing this whole scene and wondering if I should be on the lookout for a man in his underwear wandering around Augusta at random hours of the night. No, that's not fair, given that he was safe in his own home when this incident occurred, but I still have to wonder. Yikes. I'm sorry that happened to you. You're probably scarred, huh?

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!! lol!!! How weird and awkard!!! um yeah!!!! I don't even know what to say!!!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

That's so GROSS! Dave would never do that, don't worry. And even if he did, he wouldn't step foot into a pair of briefs so it's a bit more forgiving on the imagination....I'm so very sorry Nina. But you know what? I'm laughing my butt off cz it's really funny to imagine you hiding in the bushes while the big bad meanie man in his underwear comes to scare you!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, on second thought, I have to say that's pretty gross, too. Why would a guy DO that? That makes me think of the men you see at the beach or public pools wearing speedos. What in the world makes someone think that's a good idea? And more than that, what makes someone think that other people want to see that? Yucko.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I miss you too. Of course we can get together. What day next week suits you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home