Sunday, February 06, 2005

Trampled in the dust

Life often seems like one big stampede to me. I get run over by the crowd and I'm face down in the dust. I look up just to see the dust that the stampede has left behind. I always try to get ahead of the craziness but I always end up face down in the dust. I try to run my own race. I try to rely on my own strength. I know I can't do it without Him but I also can't seem to surrender it all to Him. I always wear myself out. I always need to be picked up out of the dirt. I have a hard week coming up and I am dreading it. I am started it with a really hard weekend....an unexpectedly hard weekend. Things happened that are impossible to explain. Sometimes things don't make sense. Sometimes they don't work out how they are "supposed to." Just because something doesn't follow a particular path doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I can't go into detail at all. Just please pray for my family. I am now at home. I love my family and wanted to support them so I came home even though it's rough on my body. I drove 4 hours last night on 3 hours of sleep. I got in a 4:30 a.m. and will leave tonight after the superbowl. I should get home around 2 or 3 a.m. and have to get up to teach and start my week. I am trying not to complain because it was definitely my choice. It was nice having time with my family. I will even get to watch the SuperBowl with my dad. He is the one who got me hooked on football. So maybe I needed this little escape. I am so glad that we have a loving and forgiving God. We are all sinners and fall short. I just thank God for His amazing grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home