Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The sky is falling

Well I thought Becca would write about our ceiling but she must have been busy today. I'm sure she will write more about it later but here is my version. Last night Becca slept in the living room because I was sick. I actually slept in Lynette's room with her because I couldn't sleep and wanted to watch a movie. Becca comes in at 3:30 a.m. and told us the ceiling was leaking. She had called someone to come fix it. He came sometime during the middle of the night. Apparently it's not fixable or at least now during the winter. It is so horrible. It has spread from the balcony almost all the way to Lynette's closet. It's like this force devouring the ceiling of our apartment. It has dripped over everything and made a mess. I am definitely not happy. I called the leasing office today and was treated rudely but the woman I talked to. She said there is nothing she can do about the working order Becca placed last night. All she can do is put in a new working order. I tried to tell her that was useless unless she talked to the guy who came last night. If it's not fixable why send someone else to fix it? She didn't see it my way. She said she can only handle it from here. So great. I got absolutely nowhere today.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Hey chic! Thanks for updating. I hope that you feel better soon...!

If they can't fix your roof... look at your contract see what it says about repairs. I'd argue for a rent deduction if it is messing up and leaking all over your stuff. That's not right for them to say they can't fix it. Do you have renter's insurance? That would cover any damaged stuff.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Don't worry , Nina, I will be writing about it...boy will I be!!! I guess that could count as documentation as well!...and you know how much I like telling stories!!! THank you for all that you do and for coming home last night when I was a wreck and for just being there for me. It really meant a lot!
Becca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home