Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Taking care of business

I have so many blonde moments. It is difficult to count them. It is rare that these momentary acts of stupidity actually benefit me. Today I got up early with the intention of going to Montgomery County Community College and begging the professor to let me take his Genetics class. I got out of bed and showered and everything. I got online to get directions to the school and realized that classes don't start until tomorrow and therefore my class doesn't start until Thursday. It was such a blessing because I have so much to do and had no time to do it in. I am booked solid with work or school or plans until Saturday. I need this morning to get everything done. I woke up feeling stressed about when I would get my errands done and now I have this awesome sense of relief. God does take care of me even when I'm not faithful to him.
This weekend was long and busy like they usually are. I quit one of my jobs though. It was hard to do but it had to be done. My boss didn't even seem to care. I wish this meant I will be less busy but I know it's not the case. It is weird to think that during the summer I will have only one full time job and nothing else. I am used to always having at least two jobs. I wonder what I will do with my time. It sadly freaks me out. I will actually have a normal schedule.
This weekend I acted badly and tried to keep one of my closest friends at a distance. I am just afraid of getting hurt so I try to keep people from getting in. I hate it when I do it but many times I feel like I can't stop myself. I felt like pulling away and so I did. I wasn't mad at this person but I acted like it. It seems to be a vicious cycle in my friendships. I just don't know how to break it.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Nikki Jordan said...

Hey Nina. Welcome back! Thanks for posting again. Sorry to hear about the conflict with your friend. Have you tried telling that person how you feel? When I get upset with Allen I distance myself at first, to find my ground, pray and make sure I am not going to say something I will regret... but I always go to him after I have thought things thru and tell him what is on my mind. I always feel better afterwards and he is always understanding!

Which job did you quit?? Sorry for the long comment. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home