Friday, December 05, 2008

Celebration,Confession, and Confusion

Celebration: My sister had her baby!!! Her name is Natalie. My sister was holding out until December because Natalie means "born in December". She was also hoping for a December baby because she thinks November's birthstone is ugly (seriously). I honestly don't know the middle name yet or how much she weighs because my brother-in-law didn't tell me.

Confession: I am addicted to Craigslist. I found a place to live and I still go back to look at the apartments. I like seeing what is available. I also look at the insanely expensive ones to see what is so great about them. I only ever look at the apartment listings and have never looked at anything else on Craigslist. I just can't stop :).

Confusion: I have been looking for apartments in Western Maryland. Usually the listing has the name of the town. However, there are some listings that simply say "Western Maryland". This drives me nuts because I want to know WHERE in Western Maryland. It seems like there actually may be a town called Western Maryland. Seriously...who was the clever person who came up with that? "Hi, I'm from Western Maryland, Maryland".

5 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Aw! Congrats to the proud aunt! I like that name, too. Scott's birthday is on November 20th and he says he has to agree with her opinion on the November birthstone. He's says it's a "fake looking piece of crap." That's a quote.

I heard you were moving......so exciting! I'm jealous and happy at the same time.

I miss you!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I have another number for you. John, a guy in our bible study is moving and aparently he has a great apartment in Greencastle for dirt cheap...and, well, we have the number. Let me know if you're interested...

and btw...ppl aren't really big on Craig's list down here. It's kinda futile to look for stuff cz not nearly as many people down here use it. I used to try it but yeah, not anymore :-D

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Dude! And congrats!!! I meant to say that! I got your text and it was when I was finishing up school and rushing to get things finished before Friday Night LIve...and then after FNL all these people came over til midnight...and that's a sorry excuse but it's why I didn't call you back or text you! I'm sorry!!!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

And I kinda feel sorry for the baby having a december birthday. It sorta gets swallowed up in Christmas that way--like Dave! Even early January seems to get lost in the season's festivities, cz I had a friend born on Jan 6th. But if the gemstone is beautiful then that's a really good thing! And who knew Natalie meant "born in December"? That's sorta cool! I found another girl-baby name I like: Merry. Isn't that pretty? Pretty spelling I mean. I dont'like the name Mary, but change the spelling a bit and suddenly it's sweet and unique!

Not that I have any babies to name :-D

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger LL Osborne said...

Nina- by all means, you've got to check the FREE stuff on Craigslist! By the way, I just purchased a lovely 50's table off Craigslist! I love checking too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home