Monday, April 14, 2008

Two maids a-milking

So Lynette and I had a fun night of craziness. Becca, you will recognize the dresses that we are wearing in this picture. First, some background. Lynette and I are hosting a table at a Ladies' tea that our church is hosting. It is a semi-formal affair so I suggested that we wear the dresses that we wore in Becca's wedding so we could be matching. So this evolved into us trying them on because we wanted to make sure they still fit. We then decided to be brave (or crazy) and wear the dresses while shopping for our tea. We definitely turned some heads while shopping and had a lot of fun doing it.



So we decided on a theme for our table: Divine Bovine. Lynette and I are going to be the lovely milk-maidens. We are decorating our in a cow theme because of all the stuff I have from my mother's shopping. It should be fun even though it won't be the traditional flowers and frilly stuff. We are even going to try to talk our House Church leader into dressing up in my dad's cow suit. So if you have any suggestions or ideas please share them. We still need to come up with a gift. I will also post pictures of our table after the event.

6 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I must APPLAUD your innovation. I have.....let's see.....3 bridesmaid dresses, I think, and have never worn them again. Probably never will. How creative!

And cows! YAY! I don't know that I have any good ideas for you, but I'll be thinking.

That's so cute. Love it.

Can't wait for more pictures!

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Let's see........

For a gift, you could find some little creamer pitchers - the ones that usually go with a teapot - and fill them with little candies or something. There are some really cute ones out there, I'm sure. (Don't know if that's anything at all like what you meant.)

What are your dishes like? What pattern?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Lynette told me about this! What a riot!!! Funny, I check your blog like once every week or every other week now becuase you never post so I hadn't read it when she told me. I'm SO glad you got more use out of them. Can I tell you how JEALOUS of you all who have been bridesmaids and I haven't been one not ONCE??? I've ALWAYS wanted to be a bridesmaid and wear a pretty dress. I don't even have a really nice formal dress--never had cz I never went to a prom either!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

When's the event?

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

YES, you can still come! I'd forgotten...not that you were coming, but that you were coming so SOON. We will be at the church for a youth leaders meeting. You can either come there and give your input, or you can just go our house and chillax, play some Wii, take a nap...I'm SO excited to see you Nina! This comes as a delightful suprise!! You and I shall play ALL DAY on Saturday! Yipee!!!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

To Nina and Becca: I EXPECT PICTURES!!!!! =) (Please don't interpret that as an attempt to get another fantabulous box from y'all. It wasn't. I just like pictures.)

Love you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home