Thursday, April 24, 2008

How many chicas does it take to change a lightbulb..............oops, I mean park a car?

Any guesses? The answer is 3. Tonight 3 of us tried to parallel park my car, and 3 of us failed miserably. Lynette was the one who finally got it in with coaching from Becca C. We all tried many times too and it just wasn't happening. I was ready to give up and go home after a few tries. It happened that we were able to put on a show on a busy street in West Chester. I felt quite embarrassed while standing there. I felt like silly girls who didn't know how to drive. It was quite ridiculous. I have hated parallel parking with a passion ever since I failed my driving test the first time because I tapped the car that I was parking behind (or in front of, I don't remember). Lynette is usually awesome, but it just wasn't happening tonight. She finally prevailed and we enjoyed a lovely dinner. Of course it took longer to park the car than to actually eat (no lie!!). So there ya go, 2 posts in one day!!

2 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Wow! too bad you didn't take your liscence test in Spain! You would have passed with flying colors! Did you get my message? I'm SO excited to see you tonight! We can have tea parties, and take walks, and bake banana bread and play Wii and have long talks...Dave and I got up and cleaned the house for you extra special! I hadn't touched the guest bedroom since you and LYnette stayed in it last--except to dump more stuff in it and make it SO much worse! Now, it's relatively clean. YOu can see the floor, and the bed looks almost pretty! ha ha! I'm SO excited. Check your phone messages!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hmm.........I'm afraid I wouldn't have been much help. I'll do anything usually to avoid parallel parking.....even if it means walking a really long way, paying to park, or just not going where I was planning on going. For real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home