Wednesday, June 03, 2009

An act of kindnes?

Dear co-worker,

Although I really appreciate that you were thinking about me and care about me, I don't see your "act of kindness" as very kind. I find it to be judgmental, poorly informed, and cowardly. I do admit that you have some basis for your concern. However, you do not seem to know the situation. Your little "act" has left me feeling mortified, very hurt, and angry. I will take your suggestion into consideration. However, the next time you have advice for me, please come to me and tell me face to face rather than leaving a note in my car. If we have the kind of relationship that you are insinuating we have by your advice, then I will see it as an act of love rather than one of judgment.

Thanks again,

Me

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

I'm happy you blogged, but sad your co-worker made you sad. People too often stick their noses where they don't belong. I think they always mean well, but are probably self-righteous in their intentions. I know I am most of the time I think I need to give people advice which is why I usually keep it to myself unless it's accompanied by careful thought and prayer--but that's only happened once or twice in my life.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, gosh, Nina........What happened? You don't have to tell me, but gracious......that sounds awful. I'm so sorry someone took it upon themselves to make your business their business.

You know, last Sunday in his message John said something that seems to apply here. He said WISDOM comes from God, but ADVICE comes from people and SHOULD NOT be trusted. Just a thought.

Hang in there. It's great to have a new post from you, though! Besitos!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Beccalynn said...

Aw, man! I wish you would write again!!! Oh wait! You have no internet!!! That's okay cz you can come over and USE MINE!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home